if i knew that you were coming i'd a baked a cake.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

ELC Day Eleven

I did eat a very good salad today, with spotted aleppo, tennis ball, and oakleaf lettuce, French breakfast radishes, carrots, and a creamy herb dressing that I made myself, starting with my own mayonnaise. I'll post the recipe sometime when I am not so tired, and have tweaked it a bit.

But tonight I fell totally off the wagon after running full-tilt all day and then ending the evening at a reception where there was cream cheese crab dip and lots of chocolate. The spirit was willing (I passed on ALL the meat) but the flesh was weak.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

There has been some wagon-tumbling here, too, but at least I expect the weekend to be all-local. The s.o. is traveling, so I have a rare chance to eat all-vegetarian and gobble up some of the excessive amounts of produce my garden is chugging out!

mimulus said...

oohh,,,, I ate some chocolate today. But it has been almost two weeks no chocolate and I used to eat (almost) every day.

Laurie said...

Mim, Yeah, me too. I always figured that the diet soda canceled out the chocolate. Now I don't do it either. But I'll go back to eating dark chocolate in June. Some things in this world are meant to be eaten, no matter what.

Jamie, I know exactly what you mean! My husband is scheduled for an out-of-town trip in early June, and I'll break out all the veggies he doesn't like. Wait, I did that tonight. Oh well, I guess I'd better post about it.